I sat down last night with six craft beers and my notebook. It wasn’t planned initially, but before I knew it I was chicken scratching things that I’m thankful for…it seemed like the right thing to do.
My alarm went off this morning, and due to the craft beer – I couldn’t remember right away why I had set it. After some groggy thinking, I remembered it was Thanksgiving and there’s a 2-hour drive ahead of me…that’s why I set the alarm. Thankfully (like how I did that?) I have time to share my list with you before we take off on our trek.
[Disclaimer: Some things on this list, the beer is more thankful for, and other, more serious things I came up with on my own.]
- The Vikings, NFL and Football season as a whole: mostly for the food.
- My husband who has allowed me to roll my eyes way more than usual lately.
- My kid – cause he’s awesome and the male personality replica of me at nine years old.
- Bernie Sanders and all the people who won’t stop following me on Twitter, Facebook and my blog due to my vocal support of him. (#FeelTheBern)
- Music: Cause..I’m a sucker for other people putting words together in a way I wish I could have.
- Food: For as much as I’d love to lose some poundage, there is too much deliciousness to appreciate.
- My pets…who are the most annoying, needy animals in the midwest – but they make me feel important.
- Teddy Bridgewater (This is separate from #1): After the QB Shuffle the Vikings have been playing with, he’s a breath of fresh air and everything I wanted Christian Ponder to be.
- Strangers who keep my world spinning: I’m not sure who they are – but I’m sure there are plenty of them.
- Friends. Old, new and everything in between. The ones who I should talk to more, the ones who I’ve seemed to know a lifetime instantly and especially, the ones who call me out on my bullshit.
- Hip-Hop, for being clever and being as badass as I wish I could be as a writer.
- Writers and Bloggers who are doing their thing and finding success, I strive to be even 1/2 as cool as you. The motivation that’s provided is 183% more than I could solo.
- My waitressing job that allows me to pursue a writing career while not feeling broke as a joke.
- Yoga pants – because who doesn’t love them? They’re the closest thing to not wearing pants as you can get.
- Pizza, Mexican Food (of any kind) & Lasagna. I know I already said food – but my favorites get the spotlight briefly.
- Instagram. Nothing has ever made me feel more like a photographer, ever. I like and appreciate that shit.
- Fucking swear words, for giving me the ability to express exactly how I’m feeling.
- Justin Bieber, for giving me current beats with old school, boy-band nostalgia.
- People who can accept the less than great and make the good even better.
- Words that can be transferred as feelings and produced at 500% face value.
- My bed. No real reason. Probably the same reason you’re thankful for yours… we have one.
- Sarcasm: allowing me to be a snotty broad while getting a few laughs, since 1998.
- Thrift Stores: because who doesn’t love getting insane crazy good deals on shit?
…and that’s where my scribbled list ended.
Happy Thanksgiving, Folks.